GLMA is calling for abstracts for its 34th Annual Conference on LGBT Health, which will be held September 14-17, 2016, in St. Louis, MO.
The GLMA Annual Conference on LGBT Health is the premier, interdisciplinary LGBT health conference and the world’s largest scientific gathering devoted to LGBT health issues and concerns. The conference educates practitioners, policy advocates, educators, administrators, researchers and students—from across the health professions—about the unique health needs of LGBT individuals and families.
Intersectionality in LGBT Communities: Gateways to New Understandings will highlight the intersection of sexual orientation and gender identity with other identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, HIV status, ability, religion, immigration status, socioeconomic status and/or geographic location and their impact on health and healthcare access. Abstracts and proposals addressing this theme will be prioritized.
Special Emphasis: Primary Care for LGBT Individuals
In addition to the general topics detailed on the Call for Abstracts webpage, GLMA is issuing a special call for abstracts addressing primary care to improve the health and well-being of LGBT individuals.
*GLMA encourages the submission of clinically-focused, evidence-based abstracts.
Deadline for submission of abstracts:
April 22, 2016 (11:59pm Eastern)
To learn more about the Call for Abstracts and how to submit your abstract, visit www.glma.org/callforabstracts.
Please feel free to share this with your networks!
See you in St. Louis!
LavenderHealth.org established April 12, 2012Site updated January, 2016
Search Lavender Health
Search Blog by Category
Follow @LavHealthOrg on TwitterMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- A new podcast to check out – em dash April 2, 2017
- Early Signal: Roll-back on protection for transgender children and youth in U.S. schools February 23, 2017
- Creating your personal political action plan February 2, 2017
- Spread the Word – ACA Open Enrollment Ends January 31 January 28, 2017
- Breakthrough for Intersex Rights January 12, 2017
- Invitation to participate – how is marriage equality and the election affecting you? December 30, 2016
- LGBT Voices: Perspectives on Health Care December 29, 2016
Archive of Blog Posts