GLMA is calling for abstracts for its 34th Annual Conference on LGBT Health, which will be held September 14-17, 2016, in St. Louis, MO.
The GLMA Annual Conference on LGBT Health is the premier, interdisciplinary LGBT health conference and the world’s largest scientific gathering devoted to LGBT health issues and concerns. The conference educates practitioners, policy advocates, educators, administrators, researchers and students—from across the health professions—about the unique health needs of LGBT individuals and families.
Intersectionality in LGBT Communities: Gateways to New Understandings will highlight the intersection of sexual orientation and gender identity with other identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, HIV status, ability, religion, immigration status, socioeconomic status and/or geographic location and their impact on health and healthcare access. Abstracts and proposals addressing this theme will be prioritized.
Special Emphasis: Primary Care for LGBT Individuals
In addition to the general topics detailed on the Call for Abstracts webpage, GLMA is issuing a special call for abstracts addressing primary care to improve the health and well-being of LGBT individuals.
*GLMA encourages the submission of clinically-focused, evidence-based abstracts.
Deadline for submission of abstracts:
April 22, 2016 (11:59pm Eastern)
To learn more about the Call for Abstracts and how to submit your abstract, visit www.glma.org/callforabstracts.
Please feel free to share this with your networks!
See you in St. Louis!
LavenderHealth.org established April 12, 2012Site updated January, 2016
Search Lavender Health
Search Blog by Category
Follow @LavHealthOrg on TwitterMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Upcoming Events March 11, 2018
- Banned or Not, Avoiding These Words is a Concern January 8, 2018
- Public Perceptions of Sexual Violence and the LGBT Community December 19, 2017
- LGBTQ individuals embark on important political careers in the U.S. November 22, 2017
- LGBTQ Communities – Open Enrollment for the ACA Underway November 1, 2017
- Alphabet soup, anyone? October 19, 2017
- GLMA Nursing Summit and Annual Conference – September 13-16 July 18, 2017
Archive of Blog Posts