The Lesbian Health Fund (LHF), a program of GLMA, is currently accepting proposals for research on lesbian health. The deadline to submit is February 1, 2016.
Founded in 1992, the LHF has awarded more than $840,000 to fund lesbian health research, and is the only US research fund dedicated solely to the unique health needs of lesbians, other sexual minority women (SMW) and their families.
Today, LHF remains committed to improving the health of lesbians and other sexual minority women over the lifespan, from early childhood, through adolescence, and adulthood, including aging. There is still great need to understand how social determinants, especially race and ethnicity, influence the health and wellbeing of lesbians, other SMW and their families.
Priority Research Areas:
Many applications are for small projects ($500 – $10,000) structured to provide pilot data for subsequent research. Publication in a peer-reviewed journal is expected, and priority is given to the best proposals with the greatest likelihood of securing future funding from other sources.
Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested. GLMA Board Members and LHF Advisory Committee Members or paid consultants are ineligible to submit grants. Please contact Shalini Batra at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 202-600-8037202-600-8037, ext. 308 with any questions.
LavenderHealth.org established April 12, 2012Site updated January, 2016
Search Lavender Health
Search Blog by Category
Follow @LavHealthOrg on TwitterMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- GLMA Nursing Summit and Annual Conference – September 13-16 July 18, 2017
- Pride Month! June 13, 2017
- A new podcast to check out – em dash April 2, 2017
- Early Signal: Roll-back on protection for transgender children and youth in U.S. schools February 23, 2017
- Creating your personal political action plan February 2, 2017
- Spread the Word – ACA Open Enrollment Ends January 31 January 28, 2017
- Breakthrough for Intersex Rights January 12, 2017
Archive of Blog Posts