The Lesbian Health Fund (LHF), a program of GLMA, is currently accepting proposals for research on lesbian health. The deadline to submit is February 1, 2016.
Founded in 1992, the LHF has awarded more than $840,000 to fund lesbian health research, and is the only US research fund dedicated solely to the unique health needs of lesbians, other sexual minority women (SMW) and their families.
Today, LHF remains committed to improving the health of lesbians and other sexual minority women over the lifespan, from early childhood, through adolescence, and adulthood, including aging. There is still great need to understand how social determinants, especially race and ethnicity, influence the health and wellbeing of lesbians, other SMW and their families.
Priority Research Areas:
Many applications are for small projects ($500 – $10,000) structured to provide pilot data for subsequent research. Publication in a peer-reviewed journal is expected, and priority is given to the best proposals with the greatest likelihood of securing future funding from other sources.
Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested. GLMA Board Members and LHF Advisory Committee Members or paid consultants are ineligible to submit grants. Please contact Shalini Batra at email@example.com, or 202-600-8037202-600-8037, ext. 308 with any questions.
LavenderHealth.org established April 12, 2012Site updated January, 2016
Search Lavender Health
Search Blog by Category
Follow @LavHealthOrg on TwitterMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Happy Father’s Day! June 17, 2018
- Just released – 2018 LGBTQ Youth Report May 21, 2018
- Virtual Coffee Hour for nurses working with LGBTQIA populations April 23, 2018
- Save the date – GLMA Nursing Summit, Wednesday, October 10, 2018 April 16, 2018
- Upcoming Events March 11, 2018
- Banned or Not, Avoiding These Words is a Concern January 8, 2018
- Public Perceptions of Sexual Violence and the LGBT Community December 19, 2017
Archive of Blog Posts